- Candidate who has obtained a Master’s Degree from this or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto securing not less than 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/Cat-I) or equivalent grade in the aggregate at the Master’s Degree Programme shall be eligible to apply for the M.Phil Degree Programme in the concerned/cognate subject. Marks rounded off to make the percentage to 55 or 50 as the case may be through grace marks is not permissible for claiming M.Phil registration.
- Such of the teachers employed on full-time basis before 31.03.1992 and who are continuing in service in any of the affiliated colleges, constituent colleges and PG Department of any recognized University shall be eligible to apply for M.Phil programme, subject to a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/Cat-I) at the concerned Master’s Degree.
- Admission to the M.Phil, programme shall be open to full-time (i.e. regular) candidates and also to the persons who are deputed for undergoing the M.Phil programme by the college or institutions recognized by the University.
- No candidate/college teacher shall be admitted to the M.Phil Programme as an external or a Part-time candidate.
- Candidate of other university may be permitted for M.Phil programme on enhanced fee structure as prescribed by the university, from time to time. All other terms and conditions applicable to university candidates would be applicable to them.
Master of Philosophy (M.Phil)