SVIMSET - M.Ch. CTV - Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Test
| Go Back
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates of Indian Nationals to the M.Ch CTV Surgery course (post graduate degree super speciality) course at SVIMS for the year 2012 for filling up of 04 seats
1. There shall be an entrance examination on 100 MCQs., which will be conducted at SVIMS campus. The date and time will be specified in the Hall ticket.
2. The candidates appearing for entrance examination will not be paid any traveling allowance.
3. Hall tickets will be sent to the candidates by post or issued in person
4. The duration of the exam is 90 minutes
5. The marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance examination will be displayed on the notice board of the Institute and in the Institute’s website on the dates specified.
The candidate should have passed M.S./D.N.B. qualification prior to the date of entrance examination failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the entrance examination. In case, the candidate is waiting for the results, unable to enclose the pass certificate, he / she can mention the same in the application and has to submit the pass certificate compulsorily to the Controller of examinations, SVIMS, at least one day before the entrance test and collect the hall ticket.
Note: The confirmation of the admission is subject to the outcome of any litigation pending before any court of law in the Republic of India.
Method of selection:
1. Selection of candidates for MCh CTV Surgery course will be made on the basis of rank obtained in the entrance test.
2. The candidates who secured a minimum of 50% marks in the entrance test will only be qualified to appear for the counseling.
3. Merit list will be prepared and rank shall be allotted in the order
of merit based on the marks obtained in the entrance test.
4. In case of tie of marks in the entrance examination, the following criteria shall be adopted for fixing the merit.
i). A candidate who passed M.S., /D.N.B., in the first attempt or with less number of attempts will be given preference.
ii). If there is still a tie, the candidate who passed final MBBS with less no. of attempts will be given preference.
iii). If there is still a tie, the candidate who secured higher
percentage of marks in final MBBS examination (Part-I & II) will be
iv). If there is still a tie, the candidate who secured higher
percentage of marks in Surgery in MBBS examination will be given
v). If there is still a tie, elder in age will be preferred.
MCh CTV Surgery course (Post graduate degree-super speciality)