Section D: Quantitative Aptitude ( 50 Marks )
To test the grasp of elementary concepts in Mathematics and Statistics and application of the same as useful quantitative tools.
1. Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms
Linear – simultaneous linear equations up to three variables, quadratic and cubic equations in one variable, equations of a straight line, intersection of straight lines, graphical solution to linear equations.
Graphs of inequalities in two variables - common region.
4. Simple and Compound Interest including annuity - Applications
5. Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations
6. Sequence and Series – Arithmetic and geometric progressions
7. Sets, Functions and Relations
8. Limits and Continuity - Intuitive Approach
9. Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus (excluding trigonometric functions)
10. Statistical description of data
(a) Textual, Tabular & Diagrammatic representation of data.
(b) Frequency Distribution.
(c) Graphical representation of frequency distribution – Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Ogive
11. Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
Arithmetic Mean, Median – Partition Values, Mode, Geometric Mean and Harmonic, Mean,
Standard deviation, Quartile deviation
12. Correlation and Regression
13. Probability and Expected Value by Mathematical Expectation
14. Theoretical Distributions
Biomial, Poisson and Normal.
15. Sampling Theory
Basic Principles of sampling theory, Comparison between sample survey and complete
enumeration, Errors in sample survey, Some important terms associated with sampling, Types of
sampling, Theory of estimation, Determination of sample size.
16. Index Numbers