IIIT - IP - Delhi - B.Tech(IT) - Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology - Delhi - B.Tech (IT)
| Go Back
As IIITD is a focused institute in IT and its application in some selected domains, the B Tech (IT) program will be heavily IT oriented, with suitable courses in domain areas, humanities, and self and skill development.
The objective of the BTech program at IIIT Delhi is to prepare students to undertake careers involving innovation and problem solving using IT, or to undertake advanced studies for research careers in IT or the domain areas.
A candidate who has secured 80 percent or more marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class XII from CBSE board or equivalent is eligible for appearing in the entrance test. (Those who have appeared in a Board whose results are not out by the last date of filling the form can apply if their AIEEE rank is less than or equal to 10000, provided they show their mark sheet of Class XII at the time of admission and must have obtained 80% in PCM). A candidate should also be less then 25 years of age on or before the first October 2009.
NOTE: No candidate without proof of 80% in PCM will be entertained for admission even if he/she qualifies the admission test
Relaxation in eligibility conditions Marks for Reserved Categories
Candidate belonging to the following categories, who apply for seats reserved for them, shall be allowed a concession in the minimum eligibility requirement as detailed below:
• Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST). A relaxation of 10 percent marks in the minimum eligibility requirements for the seats reserved for them.
• Children or Widows of Defence Personnel Killed/Disabled in Action (CW). A relaxation of 5 percent marks in the minimum eligibility requirements.
• Physically Handicapped (PH). A relaxation of 5 percent marks in the minimum eligibility requirements.
Final selection will be based exclusively on the merit list in the entrance test. However candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned above (for candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility criteria the results of entrance test will not be declared and their test copies of entrance test may not be evaluated).
The number of seats for the program starting in 2009 is 60, of which 85% are reserved for Delhi students (i.e. those students who have passed their class XII exam from a School/College/Institute located in Delhi), and 15% for outside Delhi students. The total seats available in the different categories (rounded to the nearest integer) are:
||Outside Delhi (15%)|
|CW ** (5%)
* Physically Handicapped (PH) 3 percent of the total seats.
The 3 percent reservation may be allocated as followed:
1. 1 percent for persons with low vision or blindness,
2. 1 percent for hearing impaired,
3. 1 percent for those with loco motor disabilities and/or cerebral palsy.
** Children/War Widows of Defence Personnel Killed/Disabled in Action (CW) 5 percent of the total seats for children/widows of personnel of Armed Forces killed/disabled in action during the hostilities in the following priority:-
1. Widows/wards of Defence Personnel killed in action.
2. Wards of serving personnel and ex-servicemen disabled in action.
3. Widows/wards of Defence Personnel who died in peace time with death attributable to Military Service.
4. Wards of Defence Personnel disabled in peace time with disability attributable to Military Service.
The entrance test will test general aptitude & structured thinking skills. The test will have three parts for testing comprehension, quantitative thinking, and logical thinking. As it is a general aptitude test, there in no defined syllabus. Some sample questions will be available later on the site. The duration of the exam will be about 120 minutes.
Tuition Fees Rs 75000/- per year (for 2 semesters)
Hostel Fees Including Mess Appx. Rs14100/- (as per NSIT Hostel Fees & changeable as per NSIT Rule
(The tuition fee is likely to increase to Rs 100000 per year from 2010.)
Top 10% of the students including one girl will be eligible for scholarship (equal to 50% of Tuition Fess) for the first year. Scholarships in subsequent years will be based on performance in the previous years.