JEE Main 2013 Eligibility Criteria:
- The minimum academic qualification for appearing in JEE Main 2013 is that the candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII ) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination.
- Those appearing in 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in 2013 may also appear in JEE Main 2013 provisionally.
- However, JEE Main 2013 Admission Criteria in the concerned institution / university will be followed as prescribed by concerned university / institution and as per the guidelines & criteria prescribed by AICTE.
- The candidates who are seeking admission in NITs, IIITs or CFTIs must ensure their eligibility for the admission in NITs, IIITs and CFTIs.
- The candidates who are aspirants only for IITs and ISM Dhanbad must ensure their eligibility for admission in IITs and ISM Dhanbad.
- The candidates who are aspirants for NITs, IIITs, CFTIs , IITs and ISM Dhanbad must ensure their eligibility for admission in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, IITs and ISM Dhanbad.
LIST OF QUALIFYING EXAMINATIONS
I. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized
central/ state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary
Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
II. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
III. Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
IV. H.S.C. vocational examination.
V. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
VI. A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3 year duration.
VII. Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any
foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the
Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
VIII. General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London /
Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level. [Only for Admission to
IX. High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International
Baccalaureate Office, Geneva. [Only for Admission to IITs]
B.E./B.Tech courses at NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other centrally funded institutions (CFTIs)