IIT - Madras - HSEE - Indian Institute of Technology - Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination
| Go Back
Qualifying Examination (QE):
Candidates applying for HSEE-2013 should have either completed or should be appearing in 2013 in any one of the following qualifying examinations (QE):
• The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central / State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi; etc.
• Intermediate or two-year Pre- University Examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
• Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
• General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
• High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in any foreign country recognized by the Association
of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
• H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
• Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
One should note that courses which are preparatory in nature, without offering any degree are not considered equivalent to
10+2 system. In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level. This is in addition to passing in the qualifying examination with
aggregate marks relevant to the category of the candidate.
Percentage of Marks in QE
The candidates belonging to the general category and OBC (CL/NCL) category must secure a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in the QE. Candidates belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure a minimum of 55% in aggregate in the QE. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of joining. In case, such a certificate is not provided by the candidate, the decision of the HSEE Admission Committee regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.
Date of Birth
A candidate, whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1988, is eligible for HSEE-2013. However, in the case of SC, ST and PD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e.,candidates belonging to these categories / subcategories born on or after October 01, 1983 are eligible. The date of birth as recorded in the High School (10th std. / 12th Std.) first Board / Pre-University
Certificate will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce a copy of this certificate along with the completed Application Form as a proof of their age and at the time of admission original certificate has to be produced failing which they will be disqualified.
Integrated M.A. in Development Studies
Integrated M.A. in English Studies