BHEL is India's largest enterprise in engineering and manufacturing in the energy and infrastructure sector. It was established more than 40 years ago.
BHEL conducts entrance exam to recruit engineer trainee's. Selection process for these posts will consist of Written Test and Personal Interview.
TRAINING & EMOLUMENTS : ENGINEER TRAINEE - The selected candidates will undergo training for one year. During training, basic pay of Rs.20,600/- in the scale of pay of Rs.20,600- 46,500/- will be paid. After successful completion of training, the trainees will be absorbed as Engineer in the scale of pay of Rs.24,900-50500/- with a basic pay of Rs.24,900/-.
Selected candidates will have to execute a service agreement bond of Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees Two lakh only) to serve the Company (or any Government department or undertaking at the discretion of the Company) for a period of three years after successful completion of training.
Candidates will also be required to furnish a Surety Bond to be executed by parents/guardian/reliable surety.
Educational Qualifications :
Full time regular Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized Indian University/ Institute in the disciplines of MECHANICAL/ ELECTRICAL/ ELECTRONICS.
Percentage/ equivalent CGPA :
Minimum 65 % or Equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all years/semesters
Upper Age Limit (years) as on 1st August, 2011 :
27 Years (Candidates born before 01/08/1984 are not eligible to apply)
Note: 29 years for Post Graduates ( Full time regular ) in Engg. or Business Admn./ Management (Candidates born before 01/08/1982 are not eligible to apply)
Note: - Aggregate of marks of all years/ semesters means average of marks/CGPA of all the years/ semesters without taking into account the weightage, if any, given to any particular year/ semester by the Institute or University.
- Selection process will consist of Written Test and Personal Interview.
- The Written Test papers will be objective type in nature and will be bilingual i.e. in Hindi & English.
- Candidates performance in the Written Test will be assigned a weightage of 70% for the techncal part and 30% for the aptitude part and a Merit List will be made. Thereafter, the candidates will be called for personal interview in the ratio of 1:3 to the no. of vacancies in order of merit of Written Test Marks.
Following is the list of Written Test centres. However, BHEL reserves the right to add, change or delete any of the below mentioned Test Centres, at its discretion:
- Kochi (Cochin)
- Written test will consists of 240 multiple choice objective type questions. Duration of exam is 2hr 30 mins.
- Test is designed to assess the candidate's Professional ( Technical) Knowledge of the chosen Engineering Discipline and Higher Aptitude covering area like Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Logical thinking, English usage, General Awareness etc.