All India Common Entrance Test (AssoCET2011) will be held on Tuesday 17th May 2011 for Admission to the first year of MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BPTh, BOTh & BSc-Nursing courses In Private Medical, Dental and other Health Science Colleges In Maharashtra State for the Academic year 2011-2012.
A candidate will be eligible for admission to Health Science Courses i.e. MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BPTh, BOTh, BSc-Nursing for the academic year 2011–12 on fulfillment of the following conditions:
1. The candidate may be an Indian National / NRI / Foreign National. The candidate is required to produce proof in support of his/her Nationality from a District Magistrate, Additional Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate. School Leaving certificate of HSC/12th Std indicating the nationality of the candidate as Indian or Valid Passport also shall be considered as sufficient proof of Nationality.
2. For Admissions to MBBS, BDS, B.Sc Nursing the candidate must be born on or before 31ST December 1994 to be eligible to appear for Asso-CET 2011. For admissions to BAMS candidate must be born on or before 1st October 1994. The Secondary School Certificate (i.e. SSC) or equivalent examination certificate or the certificates of age and nationality endorsing the date of birth will constitute the valid
3. Eligibility Criteria for qualifying Examination for various courses:-
a. For MBBS, BDS and BAMS :
A candidate belonging to open category must have obtained not less than 50% Marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology subject taken together at the HSC (or Equivalent) Examination. A Candidates belonging to Reserved Category must have obtained not less than 40% Marks Physics, Chemistry & Biology subject taken together at the HSC (or Equivalent) Examination.
b. For B. Sc (Nursing):-
A candidate belonging to open category must have obtained not less than 45% Marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English subject taken together at the HSC (or Equivalent) Examination. A Candidates belonging to Reserved Category must have obtained not less
than 40% Marks Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English subject taken together at the HSC (or Equivalent) Examination.
c. For BPTh, BOTh, BASLP rule no. 5.5.1, 5.5.2 and 5.5.3 is not applicable to this course, passing at Std. XII or HSC or equivalent examination is necessary.
4. No rounding off of the marks secured by the candidate will be done in individual subject or final total while converting marks of the individual subject out of 100 or total marks out of 300. For example, if the total of the marks in three subjects comes to 149 out of 300, percentage comes to 49.66 that will not qualify the candidate.
5. The candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination i.e. HSC or equivalent in March/April–2011 are also eligible to appear for Asso-CET 2011, provided they must fulfill the eligibility conditions.
Centres within Maharashtra State: (01)
Mumbai, (02) Navi Mumbai, (03) Thane (City), (04) Pune, (05) Nashik,
(06) Dhule, (07) Jalgaon, (08) Ahmednagar, (09) Sangli, (10) Solapur,
(11) Kolhapur, (12) Aurangabad, (13) Parbhani, (14) Nanded, (15) Latur,
(16) Akola, (17) Amravcati, (18) Nagpur, (19) Ratnagiri
Centres outside Maharashtra State: (20) Delhi, (21) Chandigarh, (22) Luchnow, (23) Jaipur, (24) Bhopal, (25) Indore, (26) Ahmedabad, (27) Hyderabad, (28) Kolkatta.
Note: Change of Examination Centre is not permitted. Please Note: Association reserves the right to add or delete the examination centers.
MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BPTh, BOTh & BSc-Nursing