The Banaras Hindu University Institute of Medical Sciences will hold All India COMPETITIVE WRITTEN TEST BHU-PMT 2011 for admission to
- MBBS course (84 seats) in TWO stages: PMT-2011 SCREENING and PMT-2011 MAIN, and for
- BDS (38 seats), BAMS (78 seats) and B. Pharm. (33 seats) courses in ONE stage: PMT-2011 Screening.
QUALIFICATIONS - Passed
Intermediate / 10+2 or equivalent examination in English, Physics,
Chemistry and Biology (Zoology + Botany) taken together;
MBBS/BDS/BAMS – a minimum of 50% marks for General and 45% for
General-PC candidates and 40% marks for OBC*/SC/ST and respective PC
(ii) For B.Pharm. – a minimum of 60% marks for General /
OBC and respective PC candidates and 55% marks for SC/ST and respective
PC candidates. Candidates appearing in qualifying examination may also
AGE LIMT FOR BHU PMT PROGRAMMES:
17 years but not crossed 25 years as on 31st December, 2011 (Candidates
born after 1st January, 1995 and on or before 31st December, 1986 need
PMT-2011 SCREENING shall be held on Sunday, the 8th May 2011 at Varanasi, Delhi, Kolkata, and Hyderabad Centres to screen candidates for eligibility to appear in PMT-2011 MAIN examination for MBBS course which will be held on Sunday, the 12th June 2011 at Varanasi Centre only
*Non-Creamy layer OBC only.
- M.B.B.S.(84 seats) : General - 42; OBC* – 23; SC – 13 and ST – 6;
- BDS (38 seats): General – 19; OBC* – 10; SC – 6 and ST – 3;
- BAMS (78 seats) : General – 36; Foreign National – 3; OBC* – 21; SC – 12 and ST – 6;
- B.Pharm. (33 seats): General – 17; OBC* – 9; SC – 5 and ST – 2. Three
percent seats are reserved for Physically Challenged (PC) candidates on
horizontal basis in the above courses.