NCHMCT - JEE - National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology - Joint Entrance Examination
| Go Back
JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2012 (JEE-2012)
Admission to 3-Year B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration
Program at Institutes of Hotel Management (IHMs) Affiliated with
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology set up by
Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India
B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration Program is aimed at providing professionals for Hotels & Resorts; Railway Catering; Shipping & Cruise lines; Airlines (on-board and on-ground); Restaurant Chains; Hospital Chains; Hotel Management Institutes and several other opportunities in other service sectors. The program is offered by NCHMCT in cooperation with Indira Gandhi National Open University.
A pass in 10+2 system of Senior Secondary examination or its equivalent with English as one of the subjects. Candidate must have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/ functional) in the qualifying examination.
Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in JEE 2012 on provisional basis. Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counselling or at the time of admission or latest by 30-09-2012.
The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates/documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will stand cancelled.
Qualifying Examinations for Indian Students
- Plus two level examination in the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination or State Boards of Secondary Education.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/ Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in a foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education.
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects including English as one of the Subjects.
For candidates from General and OBC categories, upper age limit is 22 years as on 01.07.2012. Candidates born on or after July 01, 1990 are eligible. In the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates, upper age limit is 25 years as on 01.07.2012. That is SC/ST candidates born on or after July 01, 1987 are eligible. Upper age limit for Physically Challenged candidates shall be reckoned as per the category he/she belongs to i.e. General/SC/ST/OBC. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/Pre-University
Certificate shall be the authentic proof that will be accepted. At the time of counselling, this certificate must be produced in original as a proof of age, failing which the candidate will not be considered for counselling/admission.
Bengaluru; Bhubaneswar; Chandigarh; Chennai; Delhi; Dehradun; Gangtok;
Goa; Gurdaspur; Guwahati; Gwalior; Hyderabad; Jabalpur; Jammu;
Jamshedpur; Jaipur; Kochi; Kolkata; Lucknow; Madurai; Mumbai; Nagpur;
Patna; Puducherry; Pune; Raipur; Shimla; Siliguri; Srinagar;
Thiruvananthapuram and Varanasi
B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration Program
|1||Numerical Ability and|
|2||Reasoning and Logical|
|3||General Knowledge &|
|5||Aptitude for Service Sector||50|
Duration : 3.00 (hrs)
Question Paper will be bilingual i.e. in English and Hindi (except for English Language component)
Each correct answer under Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude,
Reasoning & Logical Deduction, General Knowledge & Current
Affairs and English Language component carry one mark. For any wrong
answer 0.25 marks will be deducted. Graded mark(s) will be awarded under
Aptitude for Service Sector component i.e. 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 & 1.00.
The most appropriate answer carries one mark.